Vancouver Wedding Photographer | Blog Main | Weddings | Destination Weddings | eSessions | Portraits | Slideshows | Misc | RSS | Contact

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Holy Schnitzel!!!

OH...MY....GOD!!! I have just died and gone to heaven!!! 

Grit and I just got home from an amazing dinner! She was recommended by a client at work to try out a European restaurant in Cloverdale that served the best Schnitzel she would ever have (in Canada of course lol). Being a German gal, she decided to give it a try, and also take ME on a date tonight! The name of the place is Elizabeth's Chalet in Cloverdale, BC on 177th st and Highway 10. 

I made the reservations over the phone and was already blown away! First of all, it was Elizabeth herself that answered the phone. She was SO cheerful and friendly with cute little comments like "I was waiting for your call!" and "we will roll out the red carpet when you get here!"... it made me smile and I wasn't even there yet!!! When we got there, we were greeted immediately by Elizabeth and her husband Josef with a hearty handshake and a "You must be Michael!"... Josef showed us to our corner booth at the end of the VERY busy wing of the quaint, bavarian-styled restaurant. Within moments we were greeted by our waitress and were handed our menus. Grit and I ordered a glass of white wine each and by the time we had even opened the menus, the wine was already on our table. I ordered an 8oz New York Steak with veggies, a stuffed baked potato, and a side order of sauteed shrimp, while Grit ordered the Schnitzel with crabmeat and hollandaise sauce, Bavarian Red Cabbage, Spaetzle, and Asparagus. The food was quick (but not TOO quick...just perfect), and hot! It was WUNDERBAR!! :)  And just when I thought I was going to explode from all the food, there was tiramisu and coffee.... wow!!! 

When it was time to pay the bill, we were both shocked at how reasonable the price was! The entire way home consisted of absolute silence...with the occasional "*sigh* I am SOOOO full" from either one of us lol!

Highly Recommended to anyone looking for a great meal, great ambience, and amazing service! We are definitely going back again!

Michael

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Saving the world, one click at a time!