Vancouver Wedding Photographer | Blog Main | Weddings | Destination Weddings | eSessions | Portraits | Slideshows | Misc | RSS | Contact

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Gift of an Elephant



While babysitting my niece Kaia today, I had to smile. We were playing with her little horse toys, and apparantly they were all gathered today for a horse WEDDING.

Kaia: "Ok... this horse is the bride. This horse is the husband. These three are the flower girls. This one is the mother... oh, and this one is the photographer. You can be him, Uncle Michael."

Uncle Michael: "Great! Ahem... OK guys, smile for the camera!" *click* *click*

Kaia: "oh, I'm sorry Uncle Michael, you have to take your seat now... the wedding is about to begin..."

Uncle Michael: "But.. but I am The Phot.."

Kaia: (pointing to the toy chair) "...there ya go. Thanks."

When my sister finally came home, she had a present for me. It was a hand-carved elephant. Now, I don't think she knows that I really love elephants, but there it was... not a monkey, not a sheep...not a bird... an elephant. What a cool gift!

I am also not ashamed to admit that when I got home, I played with the new gift on the couch... maybe it was because of the "horsing-around" earlier at 'the wedding', but I felt like being a kid... there you have it ;)

I am planning on blogging every day for the next month, starting today, and I thought "What better way to start something like this than to share something you love?", and I love the gift of giving. (As a matter of fact, I have a contest coming up that you do NOT want to miss!!!)

Namaste,

Michael

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Saving the world, one click at a time!